i wish i wasn’t nervous when i start new jobs. it’s why i didn’t show to a few places. i gotta go this time, there’s the chance that i won’t hate it, and i hear the overnight people are pretty lax/nice. so, who knows? if i can stick out these two weeks, i’ll get around 600 bucks, which would be pretty cool. oh, well. fingers crossed.
Matt Damon was conflicted when friends Jimmy Kimmel and Ben Affleck called on him to complete the ALS ice bucket challenge.
ben affleck you fuck, don’t put your best friend matt into such a predicament. very ashamed of you and james.
gotta start my job as overnight stock @ target in a little bit, gonna bring my headphones in on the down low in case i get the okay to listen to tunes while i stock tide and baby food.
if not they’re gonna sit in my pocket for eight and a half hours feeling very foolish
alright now i used to hate pitbull because it seemed like the right thing to do but you know what i never hear him doing fucked up shit. as far as i know he is really just out there living life ,enjoying himself, visiting walmarts, and spreading the cubano party into the hearts of everyone around the world, he is mr. world wide and hes having a blast and i respect and love that pitbull. pitbull if youre reading this thank you and im sorry
current mood: ralf hutter sounding suspiciously nervous singing “computer love”
- Recite a poem.
- Read the first page to one of your favorite books.
- Read the little blurb on the back of your shampoo bottle.
- Do a tongue-twister.
- Say something in a different language.
- Share an anecdote.
- Do the rains in Spain stay mainly on the plains?
- Summarize the last film/TV episode you watched.
- Let us hear your ringtone and text message sound.
- Tell a joke.
- What did you have to eat today?
- Talk about something that really scares you.
- Talk about something that makes you happy.
- What is your favorite word?
- What is your least favorite word?
- What turns you on?
- What turns you off?
- What sound or noise do you love?
- What sound or noise do you hate?
- What is your favorite curse word?
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
- What profession would you not like to do?
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
- If you’re brave enough, singing us a little song.
I think the last two tracks on Remain in Light show a darker side of the band we never get to see, like I think “The Overload” is one of the most unsettling tracks I’ve ever heard and that’s why I think it’s fantastic.
I can certainly see that, and I don’t disagree. I felt like I had to be harshest to RiL to enforce why I thought it was only second best. I think my issue is more that “The Overload” isn’t a track I can put on and enjoy like the rest of the record. I could barely recount to you a lyric or the melody, for example. Atmospheric stuff doesn’t really stick with me.
Talking Heads, Worst to Best.. Author: nogoshowboat. Ranking Talking Heads’ eight studio albums from what I think is the weakest record to the strongest.